TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD PIZZA:
MAUI BEEF RIB PIZZA
This Weird & Wild ‘Maui Beef Rib Pizza’ recipe takes Hawaiin Pizza to a new level. Say what you will about the classic Hawaiin…I’m sure you have an opinion, wars have been started over Hawaiin pizza. But this one changes the game, yes, pineapple is still on the pizza, but now you get the bold flavors of maui sauce and the beastly beef ribs that remind us of prehistoric times.
Big beef ribs, big red onions and a big bold Maui Sauce that ties it all together, do you see a theme here. This is the biggest baddest Hawaiian pizza you’ll find. Look no further, here’s the beef.
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird & Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option while still delivering amazing taste.
TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD TOPPINGS:
| MAUI BEEF RIBS | PINEAPPLE | RED ONION | mozza | MAUI SAUCE |
MAUI BEEF RIB PIZZA
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup BEEF RIBS
- 1 cup PINEAPPLE grilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup RED ONION grilled, chopped
- 2 cups MOZZARELLA CHEESE shredded
- 1 cup MAUI SAUCE
- 1 tbsp CORNSTARCH
- 1/4 cup WATER cold
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- Remove membrane from the back of the beef ribs, then divide ribs into 4 equal pieces.
- Add beef ribs and Maui rib sauce to Instapot, close and pressure cook for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees and warm up the oven for 1 hour, with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 1 minute . Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Cut up the pineapple and onion into large pieces and grill on med-high heat for 4-6 minutes each side, until you get some nice grill marks.
- Once the ribs are finished cooking, baste them with the marinade from the Instapot and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the Instapot to Saute and reduce the remaining marinade.Separately mix a 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch together, add to Instapot, and cook until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Chop onion and pineapple into bite sized pieces. Debone and chop up ribs. Grate the mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, Maui beef ribs, onions, and pineapple. Pat down the toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird&Wild Pizza but that’s not the end of our journey, why not see what’s up next:
The ‘PIEROGI PIZZA’
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER |PINTEREST |