TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD PIZZA:
The Weird & Wild “Pierogi Pizza” recipe is a true pierogi pizza, not using slices of potatoes, we use the real deal. But that’s not all, we also use a sour cream base. As well as actual pierogi’s on this pizza.
Age old question, should we do bacon with the pierogis, or should we do sausage….yeah your’e right let’s just do both. Best of both worlds, the bacon and the sausage go great together and tenderness and crispiness with a whole lot of smokey flavor.
All topped off with some freshly cut green onions, this pizza is as pierogi as it gets.
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird&Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option while still delivering amazing taste.
TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD TOPPINGS:
| PIEROGI | BACON | SAUSAGE | SOUR CREAM | GREEN ONION |
A filled dumpling originating from Central and Eastern Europe. These tasty tater wraps are usually filled with potato, cheese, onion, and bacon.
Pork or beef, or a combination of pork and beef, this sausage is prepared using garlic as a primary ingredient.
Green Onions are vegetables of various Allium onion species, and are a great addition to any pierogi dish.
Sour cream is a fermented dairy product, from using certain kinds of lactic acid bacteria. As a result it sours and thickens the cream.
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup PIEROGIS
- 1 cup GARLIC SAUSAGE NATURALLY SMOKED
- 1 cup BACON
- 1/4 cup GREEN ONIONS
- 2 cups MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1 cup SOUR CREAM
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon on a large pan and cook for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked. Remove bacon from oven, put on paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 1 minute . Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Boil pierogis until they float, remove from water and set aside.
- Chop green onions, pierogis, bacon and slice naturally smoked (cooked) sausage. Grate cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Add the sour cream, then the cheese, and then the toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird&Wild Pizza but that’s not the end of our journey, why not see what’s up next:
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER |PINTEREST |