TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD PIZZA
Szechuan Red Braised Pork Belly Pizza
Pork belly done right is arguably the best possible meat choice out there. But what happens when you add it to a pizza?….and then take it even further by making it Szechuan style. Well this is what happens! A Szechuan Pork Belly Pizza.
And it totally rocks, this pizza not only delivers crispy but tender pork belly pieces and fresh vegetables, but the secret weapon is what ties it all together, Sweet Chile Sauce.
The Chinese Five Spice is a combination of spices that you will never forget, used sparingly it will add an immense flavor profile to your pork belly that will make you come back for more…and more…and more.
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird & Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option while still delivering amazing taste.
TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD TOPPINGS
| Pork Belly | Bok Choy | Red Peppers | Red Onion | Mozzarella Cheese | Sweet Chile Sauce |
Crispy, tender, sticky, sweet and spicy, this pork is so darn delicious, the Szechuan sauce gives this pork its red color.
Bok Choy has been cultivated in China for more than 5000 years.
Red bell peppers are green bell peppers that have been left on the vine to ripen.
Red onions contain a higher amount of antioxidant compounds than white onions.
Sweet Chile Sauce is unconventional as a pizza sauce I agree, but somehow it really works!
Szechuan Red Braised Pork Belly Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1½ cups Szechuan Red Braised Pork Belly instructions below
- 1 cup Bok Choy
- ½ cup Red Pepper
- ⅓ cup Red Onion
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Sweet Chile Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Szechaun Red Braised Pork Belly
- 1 lb Pork Belly
- Water for boiling
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 Serrano Chile
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Water hot
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ginger ground
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice ground
- Meanwhile, make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Szechuan Red Braised Pork Belly
- Peel and slice ginger, chop green onions, slice serrano chile lengthwise, and cut pork belly into 1 inch cubes.
- In large wok, fill half way with water and bring to a boil. Add ginger, onions, serrano chile and pork belly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pork belly from wok, discard water, ginger, onion and chile.
- Heat wok to med-high heat and add oil. Add pork belly and cook until golden brown, then remove pork belly from wok.
- Add brown sugar to wok and melt slightly (careful not to burn sugar). Add hot water and mix well. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Chinese five spice, and ground ginger. Add pork belly and stir well to coat the pork belly in the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove pork belly and cut into ⅛ inch slices when cool.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
…The “Butter Chicken Pizza”
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER |PINTEREST |