This week’s Weird Wild Pizza
Butter Chicken Pizza
The thing that makes this Butter Chicken Pizza recipe so special, well it’s not just one thing, there is some magic happening here with the comforting butter chicken sauce, thick pan-seared and oven-roasted slices of chicken coated in more sauce. And you can’t forget the layers of red pepper and onions for some crunch and freshness, but those are oven-roasted too, ’cause why not.
I’ve had a lot of Butter Chicken Pizza’s but this recipe is by far the boldest one yet. Most of the time you will find tiny cubes of “I think it’s chicken”, but not here! Not at Weird Wild Pizza! Here we deliver giant pieces of delicious chicken you will never forget.
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird & Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option, and if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
|Butter Chicken | Red Pepper | Red Onion | Butter Chicken Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese|
Butter Chicken, an Indian dish made of chicken in a mildly spicy tomato sauce, so naturally it works great on this pizza, a classic with a kick!
In India, a bell pepper is referred to as a capsicum, while all other chili peppers are called chili’s.
Red Onions, a staple in India, are great at enhancing any dish and adding extra layers of flavor.
Butter Chicken Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Butter Chicken instructions below
- 1 cup Red Peppers sliced
- ½ cup Red Onions sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
TOPPINGS (30 min)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat oven-safe frying pan to medium-high and add oil. Add chicken to pan and brown, flip and brown other side. Add butter chicken sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add oven-safe frying pan to preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, sauce will have slightly thickened. Remove chicken and let cool, then chop. Remove 1 cup of sauce and set aside.
PIZZA (8-10 min)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
…”Eggs Benny Pizza”…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |