This week’s Weird Wild Pizza
This Rose Chicken pizza recipe is pulling out all the stops. With a delicious rose sauce as the base, gooey mozzarella cheese, tender rose chicken all topped off with beautiful dried rose petals. Because you gotta keep it romanticized, I mean it is Valentines Day after all, treat yo’ self.
It’s that time of year again with that special somebody, or if you’re going it solo I have some great news for you. You get the whole darn Rose Chicken pizza to yourself! Now that’s a happy Valentine’s Day in my books. But sharing is OK too, and there’s definitely enough to go around, if you absolutely have to share.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Rose Chicken | Dried Rose Petals | Mozzarella Cheese | Rose Sauce |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option, and if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
Rose Chicken Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Rose Chicken instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals dried
- 1 cup Rose Sauce instructions below*
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Rose Chicken and Sauce*
- 5 pieces Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 398ml
- 1 cup Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ tsp Basil dried
- ½ tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tbsp Oil frying
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Rose Chicken and Sauce*
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a oven-safe frying pan, brown chicken on med-high heat 2-3 minutes each side. Remove chicken, add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, cream, cheese and mix well. Add chicken back to the pan and bake in oven @ 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan, let cool and chop. Reserve 1 cup of Rose sauce from the pan.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel, and add dried rose petals. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…What could this be?… it looks crazy?
Find out on the next episode, there’s a new one every Thursday!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | _______________________________________________________________________________________________________