This week’s Weird Wild Pizza
Manwich Sloppy Joe Pizza
Sloppy Joe’s! I had me at Sloppy Joe’s. These messy little beef bombs are as satisfying as they are sloppy. I don’t know a single person that doesn’t enjoy a good ol’ Sloppy Joe, and if you’re like, “Hey man, I don’t eat meat, why would you assume that?” I hear ya! But Beyond meat Sloppy Joe’s are probably fine, maybe… you’ll have to tell me how they went. But we can all agree that everybody loves a Manwich Sloppy Joe. And how can you not, so darn simple, so damn tasty. Beef, sauce, bread and cheese. Let’s do this!
This Manwich Sloppy Joe Pizza recipe takes an old classic favorite to the next level and funny enough, actually helps keep the Sloppy Joe in check, so you don’t slop any of that Manwich goodness on to the floor. No Joe for you floor!
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Manwich Sloppy Joe Meat | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option, and if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
Sloppy Joe Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Sloppy Joe Meat* instructions below
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Sloppy Joe Meat*
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Sloppy Joe Meat*
- Heat large pan on med-high, add oil, then cook beef until no longer pink, then drain the fat.
- Add Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce to beef and mix well. Reserve 2 cups.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!… What could this be?… it looks crazy?
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |