This week’s Weird Wild Pizza
Chicken Shawarma Pizza Recipe
Just as tasty as your nearest Shawarma shop, this Chicken Shawarma Pizza Recipe packs so much punch with extreme flavors and boldness from this unmistakable Middle Eastern marinade. And lets not forget the yogurt sauce to tie it all together. Not only is the base of this pizza yogurt sauce but we decided to swirl some on top too, just for good measure. And it looks pretty cool too.
Fresh lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes make a great accompaniment to the light but tart yogurt sauce. These fresh elements are just what was needed with the large and in charge and totally satisfying pieces of grilled chicken shawarma. There’s never enough, you might have to make two of these pizzas, or just don’t share any. They’ll understand when you tell them how good it is.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Chicken Shawarma | Cucumbers | Tomatoes | Lettuce | Mozzarella Cheese |
| Yogurt Sauce |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option, and if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
Chicken Shawarma Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA PEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ROLLING PIN
- Squeeze Bottle
- 2 cups Chicken Shawarma instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Cucumber diced
- ½ cup Lettuce chopped
- ½ cup Tomato diced
- 1¼ cup Yogurt Sauce instructions below*
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Chicken Shawarma* (12-24 hours)
- In large bowl mix together garlic powder, cardamom, coriander, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Add chicken and massage with rub, get every nook and cranny.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (12-24 hours).
- Grill chicken on med-high heat, 6-8 minutes each side. Let cool and slice.
- In large bowl mix together Greek yogurt, garlic powder, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup for pizza sauce and put 1/4 cup of sauce into a squeeze bottle.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella, chop lettuce, and dice cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and swirl some sauce on top.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!… What could this be?… it looks crazy?
Find out on the next episode, there’s a new one every Thursday!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to make you a pie!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |