THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
8 Cheese Pesto Pizza Recipe
It’s difficult to fit anymore cheese than this on to one pizza. Trust me, we tried. But this 8 Cheese Pesto Pizza recipe will have all the cheese that you will need. Mozzarella, Cheddar, Havarti, Monterey Jack, smoked Gruyere, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Edam and Gouda, that just about covers it. But lets not dismiss the depths of flavors added by the garlic and basil surging from the pesto.
Classic pizza shop grease with this bad boy. We don’t need all our pizza to be capital G greasy, but sometimes you just gotta go for it. Comin’ at ya’ with 8 layers of cheesy flavor and the power of the pesto sauce, which does a great job of tying it all together. Grab a slice, grab 2 napkins, and get goin’ on this cheesy challenge.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Mozzarella | Cheddar | Havarti | Monterey Jack | Smoked Gruyere |
| Parmigiano-Reggiano | Edam | Gouda | Pesto |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
8 Cheese Pesto Pizza
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ½ cup Mozzarella
- ½ cup Cheddar
- ½ cup Havarti
- ½ cup Monterey Jack
- ½ cup Smoked Gruyere
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ cup Edam
- ½ cup Gouda
- ¼ cup Pesto
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate cheese, removing any cheese peels, wax or hard rinds.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, then cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
THANKS FOR JOINING US ON WEIRD WILD PIZZA. And THAT’S NOT ALL. SEE WHAT’S UP NEXT!… WHAT COULD THIS BE?… IT LOOKS CRAZY?
FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE. THURSDAYs!
WHAT WEIRD AND WILD PIZZA DO YOU WANT PAPA ZA TO MAKE? THE WEIRDER THE BETTER. LET US KNOW AND WE WILL PUT PAPA ZA BACK TO WORK AND GET HIS BUTT BACK IN THE KITCHEN TO MAKE YOU A PIE!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |
“TO DEFY THE LAWS OF TRADITION, IS A CRUSADE ONLY OF THE BRAVE.”
-LES CLAYPOOL, PRIMUS