THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
REUBEN PIZZA RECIPE
This not-so-kosher Reuben pizza recipe is such a classic that it often gets confused with being part of the delicatessen family. But ya can’t mix cheese and meat and hope nobody catches you, well you can when you’re here, we’re not the judgy type.
A homemade Russian dressing punches a pack and really ties this sandwich together. Layers of corned beef brisket, topped with the holiest of cheeses, Swiss, topped with some satisfying sauerkraut, followed by just a little more corned beef. But we diced up this layer of meat to get more crispy bits to crunch down on. What a delight this non-delicatessen beauty has to offer, grab a slice of deliciousness, we won’t tell anyone.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Corned Beef Brisket | Swiss Cheese | Sauerkraut | Russian Dressing |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2½ cups Corned Beef Brisket
- 10 slices Swiss Cheese 1 cup
- ¼ cup Sauerkraut
- 1 cup Russian Dressing recipe below
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Mayo
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Prepare Corned Beef Brisket (follow any cooking instructions if there are any) cut 1½ cup in thirds, and dice 1 cup. Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together mayo, ketchup, horseradish, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, paprika, salt and pepper together for your russian dressing.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, sliced meat, cheese, sauerkraut, then diced meat. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |