THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
BLT Pizza Recipe
A classic for sure, but why not add a little cheese to that BLT and why not melt that cheese. Let’s just make a BLT Pizza while were at it. This BLT Pizza Recipe might be bending the rules, but it doesn’t care.
Fresh lettuce and tomatoes tossed on top of a cheesey, bacony pizza, what else could it need. Still simple, still awesome, still a BLT just with a little extra melted cheese.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Bacon | Lettuce | Tomatoes | Mayonnaise | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 10 slices Bacon
- 1 cup Lettuce chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat over to 420° F. Lay out bacon on a large baking pan, single file.
- Bake bacon for 15 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and drain bacon on paper towel, once cooled, chop bacon.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Chop lettuce and dice tomatoes.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add mayonnaise, cheese and bacon. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5+ minutes. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…its a mystery pizza, find out what the heck it is Thursdays!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!