THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza Recipe
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today were keeping things legit, 2 legit actually, with this Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza Recipe! What are the most important parts of a Thanksgiving dinner you may be thinking? Well we got that covered, literally its covering the entire pizza.
Beautifully cooked turkey, a nice buttery vegetable medley, you better believe we got the stuffing; stovetop, and you can’t forget that turkey gravy, but wait that’s not all!…. it should go without saying but just incase it doesn’t, add some of that sweet, sweet cranberry sauce on top. Boom – Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza!
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Turkey | Stuffing | Brussel Sprouts | Carrots | Green Beans | Mozzarella Cheese
Cranberry Sauce | Turkey Gravy
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- LARGE COOKING PAN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- VEGETABLE STEAMER
- 2 cups Turkey instructions below
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Vegetable medley instructions below
- ½ cup Stovetop stuffing instructions below
- ½ cup Turkey gravy instructions below
- 8 tbsp Cranberry sauce
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 13 lb. Turkey
- 1 cup Butter
- 2-3 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper ground
- 12 Green beans chopped
- 8 Brussel sprouts quartered
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 box Stovetop stuffing
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Turkey drippings
- ¼ cup Water cold
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Defrost and pat dry turkey. Remove giblets and neck. Butter up the bird, inside and out. Season with salt and pepper. Bake @ 350° F. 13 minute per pound (13 lb. turkey will take approx. 2 hr. 45min.). Remove from oven, ensure internal temperature is 165° F. and let rest covered 30-60 minutes.
- Carefully remove turkey from pan and place on cutting board. Carve off a few pieces of breast meat, and remove pone of the turkey legs. Remove meat from turkey leg and chop with breast meat. Set aside 2 cups of chopped turkey.
- Wash carrot, brussel sprouts and green beans. Peel carrot and dice. Remove ends from green beans and chop. Trim the bottoms of the brussel sprouts and quarter.
- Add vegetables to a steamer, add 1 tbsp. water, cover with lid and microwave 3 minutes. Carefully remove steamer from microwave. Carefully remove lid and add butter, salt and pepper. Close lid a couple minutes to allow butter to melt, then remove lid and mix well. Reserve 1 cup of vegetable medley.
- In large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. of butter and 1 cup water to boil. Add stovetop stuffing mix and turn off heat. Cover for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork. Reserve 1/2 cup stuffing.
- In a large sauce pan, strain 1 cup turkey drippings from roasting pan. Turn on heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp. cornstarch with cold water. Mix well. Add to turkey drippings.
- Reduce gravy on medium heat until desired consistency, remove from heat and let cool. Reserve 1/2 cup of turkey gravy.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add gravy, mozzarella cheese, stuffing, vegetable medley and turkey. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up, then add 1 tbsp. of cranberry sauce to each slice.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…its a mystery pizza, find out what the heck it is Thursdays!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!