THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Poutine Pizza Recipe
Now this was a bit of a sleeper, but wake up, because this poutine pizza recipe will knock your cozy socks right off! You can put your socks back on of course, but don’t take too long or this gravy goodness will be long gone. A beautiful poutine gravy with chicken and beef stock, fresh medium cut fries, baked twice.
And hey wait a darn minute, I can’t forget to talk about the most delicious cheddar cheese curds, also known as, squeak’rs! These little cheese balls tie this whole thing together, plus we added some extra mozza for good measure. Most people have had a chance to chow down on a bowl of poutine, but how many have tried it on a pizza?
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Fries | Cheddar Cheese Curds | Mozzarella Cheese | Poutine Gravy
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Fries instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese curds
- 1½ cup Poutine gravy instructions below*
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Chicken broth
- ½ cup Beef broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, rinse and slice potatoes into medium cut fries. Soak potatoes in a large bowl with cold water for 30 minutes, then strain, rinse and dry.
- Place potatoes onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Add oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Bake for 1 hour @ 400°F turning the fries once, halfway through. Remove from oven and reserve 2 cups of fries.
- On medium heat melt butter in large saucepan, careful not to burn. Add flour and whisk furiously for 30 seconds, still being careful not to burn. Add beef, chicken broth and pepper and whisk until smooth, cook until desired consistency. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and reserve 2 x ¾ cup of gravy.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour. (Since the oven is preheated from cooking the fries, just preheat until oven is 550°F)
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 x ¾ cup gravy, then mozzarella cheese, then fries and then cheese curds. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1 x ¾ cup gravy. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…its a mystery pizza, find out what the heck it is Thursdays!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!