THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Sesame Bagel inspired Pizza Recipe
A magical transformation is only half the story for this sesame bagel inspired pizza recipe. I’ve been told that one shouldn’t mess with a bagel, its a classic, what are you thinking. Well if we never created new things we never would’ve had bagels. Just think about that for a minute.
Another thing to ponder is how great cream cheese goes on pizza, with even more cheese on top. The classic comfort of cream cheese, magic melty mozzarella and a butter brushed crust covered in toasted sesame seeds sums up this sesame bagel inspired pizza recipe. The only question you need to ask yourself is when can I make one of these, a bagel you can actually share, if you want to.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Cream Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Sesame seeds
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Sesame Bagel inspired Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- BASTING BRUSH
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cream cheese sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add cream cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a bowl, brush on pizza crust and sprinkle sesame seeds on buttery crust, then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |