A magical transformation is only half the story for this sesame bagel inspired pizza recipe. I’ve been told that one shouldn’t mess with a bagel, it’s a classic, what are you thinking. Well if we never created new things we never would’ve had bagels. Just think about that for a minute.
Another thing to ponder is how great cream cheese goes on pizza, with even more cheese on top. The classic comfort of cream cheese, magic melty mozzarella and a butter brushed crust covered in toasted sesame seeds sums up this sesame bagel inspired pizza recipe. The only question you need to ask yourself is when can I make one of these, a bagel you can actually share, if you want to.
Cream Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Sesame seeds
Sesame Bagel inspired Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- BASTING BRUSH
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cream cheese sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add cream cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a bowl, brush on pizza crust and sprinkle sesame seeds on buttery crust, then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #51
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”