THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Franks and Beans Pizza Recipe
When one thinks of Frank one may think of Shameless. Not sure about you but if this Franks and Beans Pizza Recipe is Shameless then so are we, and we like it that way. Come join us, it’s just better. With 4 hot dogs sliced up into the perfect bite sized bits, not only presenting themselves on top of baked beans, there’s also another layer of baked beans on top of these lucky little dogs.
And don’t forget the mozza… never forget the mozza! This pizza is covered in it, all meted and awesome, baked beans, twice, with hot dogs. Really what else is there in life that you need when you have a slice of this in your hands?
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Baked Beans | Hot Dogs | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Franks and Beans Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 Hot dogs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 can Baked beans
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Open can of beans and split evenly into two bowls.
- Slice four hot dogs into ¼" rounds.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Spread one bowl of beans (½ can), then add mozzarella cheese, hot dogs, and the second bowl of beans (½ can). Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |