WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Cobb Salad Pizza Recipe
Cobb you believe it?! This one is a little weird even for us but this Cobb Salad pizza recipe was a real delight. Packed with depths of savory flavour from the bacon, chicken and blue cheese, with the added freshness of lettuce, tomato, avocado, chives and an unusual pizza addition of hard boiled eggs. Which I assure you the hard boiled egg totally rocks on this pizza, and what Cobb salad would be complete without it. And that zing from the red wine dressing ties this stupendous salad pizza together.
Could this be the best salad to put on a pizza? We would say yes. Could there be a better salad to put on a pizza? Honestly we have no idea, this was a bit of a stretch as it is. It’s the hard boiled eggs, we know it, you know it, but once again these eggs were done right and we would take a slice of this any night!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Chicken | Bacon | Blue Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Eggs | Avocado | Lettuce
Grape Tomatoes | Chives | Red Wine Vinaigrette
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Cobb Salad Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 Chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 6 slices Bacon
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Blue cheese
- 4 Eggs hard boiled
- 1 Avocado
- ½ cup Lettuce
- ½ cup Grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Chives
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinaigrette instructions below*
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
RED WINE VINAIGRETTE*
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza). Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Place chicken on plate. Add tbsp. of oil, salt and pepper, coating both sides of the chicken. Pan roast chicken on medium-high heat 6-8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan, let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Add eggs to pot and cover with cold water, then add a dash of salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and cover. Let sit for 12 minutes. Remove eggs with a a slotted spoon and transfer to a large bowl with ice water. Let sit for 15 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Peel, rinse and quarter eggs.
- Remove skin and pit from avocado and slice. Chop lettuce and chives, and halve tomatoes.
- Make red wine vinaigrette: mix 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar, 1 tsp. dijon mustard, ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Crumble blue cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add red wine vinaigrette, mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon and blue cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with avocado, lettuce, grape tomatoes, chives and hard boiled eggs. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |