WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
McRib Pizza Recipe (McDonald’s Inspired)
We all know you can’t get the McRib all year round, but this pizza hack solves that incredible problem. Say hello to the McRib pizza recipe, McDonald’s inspired! We start with a bunch of rib meat, that’s sweet, savoury and sauced to perfection. Topped with thin sliced white onions and dill pickles sliced in thin rounds.
More sauce, we use Sweet Baby Rays but anything sweet and tangy will do the trick. And some cheese is needed to finish off this beast, and when it’s ready, what a treat it is indeed. You can’t get a McRib all year round but you can make the McRib Pizza whenever the heck you want!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Rib Meat | Onions | Dill Pickles | Mozzarella Cheese | BBQ Sauce
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Rib Meat instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Dill pickles
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 rack Pork back ribs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Remove membrane from back of ribs with paper towel. Quarter ribs, then use 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Add ½ cup water to pressure cooker then add ribs. Close and set to pressure cook for 1 hour.
- When ribs are done remove from pressure cooker and place meat side up on a baking pan. Use another 1/2 cup BBQ sauce to coat the meat side of the ribs. Broil in oven 2-3 minutes watching carefully so the ribs do not burn.
- Carefully remove ribs from pressure cooker, venting properly and following instapot safety instructions. Let ribs cool, then remove meat from bones and shred. Set aside 2 cups of rib meat.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Slice onions and pickles into rounds.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese, then rib meat, pickles and onions. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |
“IT’S WEIRD NOT TO BE WEIRD.”