I am’s what I am’s… ain’t that the truth! Who knew Popeye was so poetic. And so is this Spinach Dip Pizza recipe. Worth writing a haiku or two over, make sure you bust this out at your next dinner party. Not only are the slices chip shaped, you don’t even need any darn chips to begin with. Shop smart!
Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, with sour cream and cream cheese. It is exactly as creamy as it sounds, and just as delicious. Plus there’s spinach in it so it’s gotta be healthy, right? Well healthy or not here I come!
Spinach Dip Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild made from sourdough starter."Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Spinach (fresh)
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Plain cream cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Parsley (fresh)
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Steam spinach 1 minute, let cool and squeeze out excess water, then chop.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley.
- Make your spinach dip. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, spinach, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper, then mix well.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 2 cups spinach dip to pizza.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1497IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #73
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK