Babybel bonanza! This pizza challenge was a doozy but our Babybel Pizza actually worked out. Warm Babybels eh? As familiar as they seem we usually eat em’ cold right out the fridge, maybe with a pickle. But you know us, we can’t help ourselves. We just gotta shake things up!
Question for you, can you tell us what cheese Babybel is without googling it? If you’re like us we googled it, and it’s….Edam?! What?! Who put that on our pizza, oh wait, that was us. And we would do it again. Just try and stop us, or cave in and try making a Babybel pizza yourself, warm little Babybels, yum!
Babybels | Tomato Sauce
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 28 Babybels
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Peel wax off of 28 Babybels. Add tomato sauce to pizza, then add Babybels, and pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #74
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”