Hands down the tateriest and the toteriest thing we’ve come up with so far. This Tater Tot pizza recipe crushes it! Sweet and tangy ketchup and the crispy delight of the one of a kind Tater Tots, are the perfect pair. A fan favorite is born.
Yeah maybe it is carbs on carbs but so what, we did it and it rocks. There will be more Tater Tot pizza coming for sure, because this one went so darn fast and tasted so darn good. Ketchup is the classic but we got a few tricks up our sleeves for the next ones. Tater tots for life.
Tater Tots | Mozzarella Cheese | Ketchup
Tater Tot Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Tater Tots
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Ketchup
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Bake ½ bag of Tater Tots @ 420°F for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 10 more minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 30 minutes.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add ketchup to pizza, then add mozzarella cheese, then tater tots, and pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #75
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”