Doesn’t seem like we should have done it… but we did. Carbs on carbs on carbs, somehow this grilled cheese pizza recipe was still really awesome. Ooey gooey cheddar cheese from the itty bitty grilled cheese strategically placed around the pizza on a bed of ketchup, of course. And if you haven’t tried a sourdough grilled cheese, get on it! What are you waiting for, finish reading this, then watch the video… then… go and make a sourdough grilled cheese.
But that’s not it my friends, we added some mozzarella cheese just for good measure. Not only underneath the tasty little grilled cheese minis, but we loaded some on top too, because why the heck not. What’s great with grilled cheese and ketchup, well more cheese, obviously.
Mini Sourdough Grilled Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Ketchup
Grilled Cheese Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Butter softened
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove crust from 4 slices of sourdough bread and roll bread with rolling pin. Cut 4 slices of cheddar cheese. Add 1 tbsp. butter to outside of bread slices. Build cheese sandwich and cut into 12 little squares. Repeat with second sandwich.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add ketchup to pizza, then 1 cup mozzarella cheese, then 24 mini grilled cheese squares, finally add 1 more cup of mozzarella cheese. Pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, Subscribe to see what’s up next!…
Mystery Pizza #79
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”