Down where it’s better, this Popcorn Shrimp Pizza comes straight out of a fairy tale. Delicious panko breaded shrimp baked to a crispy delight. On a base of classic tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese these little shrimps deliver in a big way.
Not everyones a fan of seafood on a pizza, I hear that, especially heating it up in the work microwave, not cool. But forget work for a minute and let’s talk shrimp. Not only are these tasty little shrimp awesome but to lighten things up a bit added some fresh chopped parsley for another layer of flavour.
Popcorn Shrimp | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce | Parsley
Popcorn Shrimp Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Popcorn shrimp instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Parsley
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ lb Raw shrimp deschelled and deveined
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Black pepper
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Deschell and devein raw shrimp.
- Get 3 mixing bowls. Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper to mixing bowl #1. Add egg to a mixing bowl #2 and mix lightly. And add breadcrumbs to mixing bowl #3.
- Add shrimp to flour mixing bowl and coat evenly. Then add shrimp to egg mixing bowl and coat evenly. Finally add shrimp to the breadcrumb mixing bowl coating evenly. Then put shrimp single file onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake @400°F for 5 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook an additional 5 minutes, remove from oven.
- Turn up the oven temperature to 550°F.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add tomato sauce to pizza, then top with mozzarella cheese. Add popcorn shrimp. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550°F. for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, Subscribe to see what’s up next!…
MYSTERY PIZZA #82
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”