A Tex-Mex tater tot pizza is so much more than just salsa and tater tots… it’s got pickled jalapenos too! Oh yeah, and mozzarella cheese, yummy oeey gooey cheese. We start with a nice layer of salsa, then pre-baked tater tots on a hefty bed of mozza with the kicker, the pickled jalapenos.
Magic happens when you dip a tater tot in salsa so we thought lets bring that together with even more magic, jalapeno and mozza. Now we got ourselves a party, a Tex-Mex tater tot pizza party! And if you don’t want to share this with the rest of your party then leave out some chips and dip and stash this tasty beast away for yourself. They’ll never know!
Tater Tots | Pickled Jalapenos | Mozzarella Cheese | Salsa
Tex-Mex Tater Tot Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Tater tots
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Salsa
- ½ cup Pickled jalapenos
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Bake ½ bag of Tater Tots @ 420°F for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 10 more minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add salsa to pizza, then add mozzarella cheese, then tater tots, and pickled jalapenos, pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #92
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK