Welcome to Cheese town, or at least it will feel like it when you drive these 5-cheese sourdough pizza rolls into ya! Take a vacation from the ordinary and give these a try, we love using sourdough for these pizza rolls. But we also love cheese, so why not add 5 types. We got classic mozzarella, parmesan, gouda, cheddar and emmantaler, which is the hardest one to say by far.
You can really use any combination of cheese that you like the best, but we though these were great for our 5-cheese sourdough pizza rolls. There was so much cheese that it started to ooze out and crisp up on the muffin pan. And those parts were super delicious. Fluffy dough with tomato sauce and an abundance of cheese, our job here is done!
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
5-Cheese Sourdough Pizza Rolls
- MUFFIN PAN
- ROLLING PIN
- Pizza Cutter
- 2 cups Sourdough starter (active)
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Parmesan petals
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1 cup Gouda
- 1 cup Emmentaler
- 1 cup Cheddar
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl.(*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more/less flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 420° F. for 1 hour, as well.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into a rectangular shape. Add sauce and cheese then carefully roll the dough up lengthwise. Slice into 12 pieces. Place into oiled muffin tray.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes. Use a butter knife to cut around the pizza rolls to easily get them out of the muffin pan.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”