The sensation of the hot and honey pizza with the classic pepperoni and the super weird addition of pickles makes this pizza odd but familiar and most importantly a delicious choice. If you haven’t tried a hot honey pepperoni pickle pizza this recipe is a great place to start. And how nice does a pickle round and a pepperoni look lying together on that bed of melted mozza and steamy tomato sauce.
You can add as little or as much of the hot honey sauce, we added a lot and it was terrific. But if you’re not totally sold on the hot honey sauce for pizza, just try a drizzle, you can always add some more when your taste buds change your mind. We also added a little parmesan shaker to this hot honey pepperoni pickle pizza to make this even better and if your a wild one then throw even more pepper flakes on there, nothing some ranch dip can’t sort out!
Hot Honey Sauce | Pepperoni | Pickles | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Hot Honey Pepperoni and Pickle Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ½ cup Pepperoni
- ½ cup Pickle (rounds)
- 2 tbsp Hot honey sauce (*instructions below)
HOT HONEY SAUCE*
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Salt
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter (active)
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, salt and bread flour together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the baking steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
HOT HONEY SAUCE*
- Mix together honey, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550°F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Cut pickles into rounds.
- Flour surface and roll out dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add tomato sauce to pizza, then mozzarella cheese, then pepperoni and pickles, and pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp of hot honey sauce. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #98
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”