Tangy to the max with just enough heat and the fresh bitter pop of some tiny diced onions. This spicy mustard broccoli pizza is an interesting combo. A homemade spicy mustard made with yellow mustard, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. But just a little warning, a bit of this sauce can go a long way so don’t over due it unless you’re obsessed with mustard, then you do you.
A spicy mustard broccoli pizza isn’t and won’t be the weirdest thing we make but it’s pretty darn weird. Who would’ve thought broccoli and mustard would work together. Somethings I guess you gotta try before you deny. And why not give it a shot, a vegetarian pizza option that is full of flavour, will you dare try it?
BROCCOLI | ONIONS | SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE | MOZZARELLA CHEESE
Spicy Mustard Broccoli Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 head Broccoli (2 cups)
- ½ cup Onion
- ½ cup Yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Water (for steaming)
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Dice onion and chop broccoli into bite size pieces removing most of the stem.
- Add broccoli and water to steamer and steam for 2-3 minutes, carefully remove excess water and add oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix yellow mustard, tabasco and Worcestershire.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add spicy mustard sauce, then mozzarella cheese, then broccoli and onions. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #91
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”