PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN
A comforting and healthy way to warm up your day, this borscht is here for you. Beets, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic and carrots. Something magical happens when all these root vegetables get together and how easy it is in an Instapot (but don’t worry a good ol’ fashioned pot works great too!)
But we all know borschts secret weapon. Well actually it’s not even a secret now, it’s a necessity. And that my friends is the creamy and tangy addition of sour cream, and don’t forget the beautiful pickle flavor booming from the fresh dill.
"Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza!"Print Pin
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Beets
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 stalks Celery
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- ¼ head Cabbage
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- ½ cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Sour cream to taste
- Fresh dill chopped, to taste
- Peel carrots, potatoes and beets (use gloves with the beets or else your hands will be stained red!)
- Dice garlic, shred cabbage and slice beets (remember to use the gloves with the beets!.. or else!) Chop tomatoes, onion, carrots and celery.
- Set Instapot to 'saute' and add oil. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots (cook 2 min), add celery (cook 2 min), add cabbage (cook 2 min), add beets (cook 2 min), add potatoes and turn off Instapot.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, white wine vinegar, bay leaves, vegetable broth, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock Instapot lid, then set to 'pressure cook' for 15 minutes. Once finished, carefully release the pressure valve and let all the steam release before opening. Turn off Instapot.
- Open Instapot, turn off and serve borscht in a bowl topped with sour cream and fresh dill.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1051IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining Papa Za’s Kitchen. Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza. Subscribe to see what’s up next!
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK