Drop down and give me twenty because we want twenty more of these stat! This Blue Cheese Prosciutto pizza has an old school pizza topping with an unusual friend. This pizza is a little salty and little blue cheesy but it’s just the right amount of both.
Thin sliced mushrooms are a nice touch with this heavy hitter, they help bring out some earthiness with the blue cheese and salt. Salt of the Earth? Sure if you insist, but either way, get your hands around one of these slices if its the last thing you do.
Blue Cheese | Prosciutto | Mushrooms | Tomato Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese
Blue Cheese Prosciutto Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Prosciutto
- 1 cup Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ¾ cup Blue cheese
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Slice mushrooms very thin. Chop prosciutto into bite size pieces. Crumble blue cheese. Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add tomato sauce to pizza, then mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, prosciutto and blue cheese. Pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #76
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”