WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Bacon Cheese Dog Pizza Recipe
Double fun for all with this extreme Bacon Cheese Dog Pizza recipe. Yes, for most people bacon is all you need, and for others nothing can beat that old faithful, the one and only hot dog. Well why not make everyone happy and bring them together.
2 cheeses. 2 meats. To good to be true? Nah, this pizza is just right for the meat lover, with some optional chopped white onions for an authentic wiener experience. Giddy up!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Diced Onions | Hot Dogs | Bacon | Mozzarella Cheese | Cheddar Cheese Sauce
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Bacon Cheese Dog Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 8 slices Bacon
- 4 Hot dogs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese sauce instructions below*
- ¼ cup Onions
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Cheddar Cheese Sauce*
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza). Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese, dice onions, slice hot dogs lengthwise for a total of 8 hot dog slices.
- MAKE CHEESE SAUCE: Grate cheddar cheese. Heat large pot to medium and melt butter, whisking constantly. Add flour and whisk 30 seconds. Add cream and whisk to mix well, then add cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and let cool. Reserve 1 cup of cheese sauce for the pizza sauce.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add cheddar cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese, 8 bacon slices, then lay hot dogs slices on top of the bacon slices. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes. Add some grated cheddar cheese if you want it even more cheesy. Let cool 5 minutes then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, Subscribe to see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Click the Patreon link and become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show
Follow Weird Wild Pizza