Somethings are worth the wait, like this Turkey Provolone Pizza with Pesto Aioli. Costco can be a struggle for sure. But what makes it all worth while is at the end they have extremely attractive food offerings when you emerge from the longest line you’ve been in for some time. Suspiciously affordable, and suspiciously super tasty, this Turkey Provolone Pizza checks both those boxes and is inspired by the classic Costco turkey provolone sandwich.
Thick slices of cooked turkey meat with mozzarella and provolone, cheesy is an understatement. Because this thing is a cheese bomb. Juicy tomato slices and red onions cooked to perfection, adds a nice touch of freshness. And have you tried the pesto aioli, damn that’s good. The bonus here is that there’s no waiting in line for this pizza, and you can eat it all if ya want!
Turkey | Provolone Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Pesto Aioli | Tomato | Onion
Turkey Provolone Pizza with Pesto Aioli
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1½ cups Cooked turkey meat 350g
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 cup Pesto aioli instructions below*
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Red onion
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Pesto
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Mix pesto and mayonnaise together, reserve 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella. Slice tomato and onion.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add pesto aioli, mozzarella, turkey, provolone, tomatoes and onions . Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #59
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”