PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN
This Chicken Cacciatore recipe seals the deal with those beautiful morsels of fried chicken bathing in a wonderful cacciatore sauce. Not only are there some great depths of flavours coming through with this tasty chicken dish, but those harmonious vegetables make this dish totally solid.
Green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and herbs meld in the magical sauce, with a splash of wine and some chicken broth reinforcement. And to cut the super savory dish we add just a little bit of fresh parsley.
- 4 Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 8 Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (28oz)
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano (dried)
- ½ tsp Thyme (dried)
- ½ tsp Basil (dried)
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Fresh parsley (for topping)
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat oil in frying pan to medium. When oil is hot add chicken and fry 5 minutes each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken.
- Add chopped veggies to frying pan, cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, cook 2 minutes. Add wine, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and herbs. Bring to a simmer, and reduce sauce slightly.
- Add chicken to pan, turning to coat both sides with sauce. Cook for 15 minutes, until sauce is reduced and chicken is fully cooked (165°F).
- Add to cooked noodles or put it on a pizza, and top with fresh parsley!
Thanks for joining Papa Za’s Kitchen. Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza. Subscribe to see what’s up next!
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”