PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN QUICKIES
Just as tasty as your nearest Shawarma shop, this Chicken Shawarma Recipe packs so much punch with extreme flavors and boldness from this unmistakable Middle Eastern marinade. And let’s not forget the yogurt sauce to tie it all together.
Fresh lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes make a great accompaniment to the light but tart yogurt sauce. These fresh elements are just what was needed with the large and in charge and totally satisfying pieces of grilled chicken shawarma.
The videos are quickies but some of these recipes can take a bit of time and a bit of love, so have fun and cook on. Any questions just leave a comment and we will find you answers!
- 5 pieces Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ cup Lettuce (chopped)
- ½ cup Cucumber (diced)
- ½ cup Tomato (diced)
- Fresh Pitas (or turn it into a pizza)
- 1½ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- In large bowl mix together garlic powder, cardamom, coriander, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Add chicken and massage with rub, get every nook and cranny.
- Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes (but marinating in the fridge overnight for 24 hours is best)
- Chop lettuce, dice tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Grill chicken on med-high heat, 6-8 minutes each side or until fully cooked. Let cool and slice.
- In large bowl mix together Greek yogurt, garlic powder, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add all these components to a pita or put it on a pizza!
Thanks for joining us on Papa Za’s Kitchen Quickies. But that’s not all, subscribe to see what’s up next…
Enjoy this dish on it’s own or put it on a pizza!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!