These sourdough breadsticks are crazy… crazy freakin’ awesome. Made in honor of the best and most addictive breadsticks in the game, the one and only Crazy bread. Well, one and only until now. Now you have the power to harness this bread at home.
Super simple ingredients that deliver some insane sourdough breadsticks. Sourdough starter, bread flour and salt. And of course butter, parmesan and just a pinch of garlic salt, or two if ya like that! Essentially this recipe is just like making our wild pizza dough. But instead of making a pizza pie, you slice it, bake it, then after you’re finished buttering and parmesan cheesing it, then eat it!
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese powder
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl. (*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 420° F. for 1 hour as well.
- On a floured surface roll out dough, and slice into 8 pieces (approx. 1" x 6") and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Melt butter in a bowl and add garlic salt, then mix well. Brush butter mixture onto breadsticks, flipping and coating both sides well, then shake parmesan evenly among both sides of the breadsticks.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”