Crazy bread inspired Wild Breadsticks
This bread is crazy, crazy freakin’ awesome, it’ just like a another type of bread sticks… I can’t quite put my finger on it… oh, yeah, these crazy bread inspired wild breadsticks are made in honor of the best breadstick in the game, the one and only Crazy bread. Well, one and only until now.
Super simple ingredients that deliver some insane breadsticks. Sourdough starter, bread flour and salt, and of course butter, parmesan and just a pinch of garlic salt, or two if ya like that! This is essentially just like making pizza dough but instead of making a pizza pie, you slice it up, bake it up, then after you’re finished buttering and parmesan cheesing it, you eat it up! Let’s get baked.
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese powder
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl. (*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 420° F. for 1 hour as well.
- On a floured surface roll out dough, and slice into 8 pieces (approx. 1" x 6") and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Melt butter in a bowl and add garlic salt, then mix well. Brush butter mixture onto breadsticks, flipping and coating both sides well, then shake parmesan evenly among both sides of the breadsticks.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH