PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN
It’s already Halloween? What the heck, where did the time go? Well give your self a slice of Halloween happiness with these fantastic fried pumpkin slices. I hear what you’re saying, it’s Halloween buddy, so where is the chocolate? Chocolate they are not, but delicious fried goodness they are indeed, and that’s a guarantee.
Addictive as candy but probably healthier? Once you start with these little guys it’s be hard to stop, until all these tasty treats are gone. So try out some fried pumpkin slices… while they last. Mwua-ha-hah!
Fried Pumpkin Slices
"Make some great food with Papa Za and then turn it into a pizza!"Print Pin
Servings: 1 person
- DEEP FRYER, LARGE POT OR WOK
- 1 cup Pumpkin flesh (cubed and sliced thin)
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cloves (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (ground)
- Oil (for frying)
FRIED PUMPKIN SLICES
- Break down the Pumpkin.
- Slice a thin piece of pumpkin off of its side and use that side as the base for stability, remove the stem from the pumpkin.
- Half it, quarter it, then clean out all the seeds and insides, scraping off all of the stringy pumpkin bits, and removing any remaining bits of stem.
- Take one of the quarter pieces of pumpkin and cut into 3 strips, then cut 2 inch pumpkin chunks and remove the skin of the pumpkin.
- Slice chunks thinly into ⅛ inch thick pieces, discarding any stringy pumpkin slices.
- In a large bowl, add egg, water, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cayenne, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add pumpkin slices to bowl, mix well, making sure to coat all of the pieces.
- Add oil to large wok or pot and heat to medium. When oil is hot, add pumpkin slices one at a time and do not overcrowd.
- Flipping and stirring frequently, cook 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove fried pumpkin slices with a slotted spoon, or metal tongs and drain on paper towel.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10325IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg
Thanks for joining Papa Za’s Kitchen. Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza. Subscribe to see what’s up next!
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK