Follow this how-to-make a sourdough starter guide and you will be the proud new owner of a “Sourdough Starter”. A sourdough starter is a powerful little kitchen secret. Not only can they make an array of thick and crusty to thin and crispy, and all the way to classic fluffy sandwich bread. But starters can make all sorts of fantastic cakes, pies, loaves, donuts and of course…PIZZA!
Sourdough Starter makes amazing pizza dough, which we use for each and every pizza that we make here on Weird Wild Pizza. There are lots of Weird Wild Pizza Recipes on here to check out when ever ya feel like getting weird. Sourdough Starters are easy to make and easy to maintain, as long as you follow some basic guidelines, but starters are fairly forgiving so there is always some flexibility. Its suppose to be fun so we try not to take it to seriously.
FEED YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
HOW-TO-MAKE A "SOURDOUGH STARTER"
- MASON JAR
- 50 grams FLOUR (⅓ cup)
- 50 grams WATER (¼ cup)
- Add 50 grams (1/4 cup) of water and 50 grams (1/3 cup) of flour (equal parts by weight) into a glass mason jar and mix well, then loosely cover.
- In a couple of days of discarding* and feeding* twice a day with the Sourdough Starter mixture on the counter, you will have your very own Sourdough Starter.*FEEDING and DISCARDING explained below.
- Keep 50 grams of the starter mixture and discard or bake with the rest.*Discarding is when you get rid of about half of the sourdough starter contents, so you are left with the other half. You can use the discard for baking or you can toss it.
- *Feeding your Sourdough Starter. Add 50 grams (1/4 cup) of water and 50 grams (1/3 cup) of flour, to 50 grams (1/4 cup) of your Sourdough mixture, and mix well.This will now be considered an "active starter".
- And this is the entire life cycle of the starter.
- If you leave the starter on the counter daily then you will need to do 2 daily feedings about 12 hours apart from each other.
- If you leave the starter in the fridge you will need to take it out once a week and feed it, then you can use some for cooking or just put it back in its new home, the fridge.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”