Today were going to learn how-to-make sourdough banana bread. We have been looking for a banana bread that we can make at home but tastes like that awesome banana bread you get at that coffee shop… you know the one. Well boom, here it is, and it’s probably even better for you too!
Sourdough starter, bananas, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, flour, sugar and baking powder. We keep it simple and it worked out very well, try it for yourself and let us know how it turned out! And send us your best banana pun, but first lets learn how-to-make sourdough banana bread…
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Sourdough Banana Bread
- POTATO MASHER
- LOAF PAN
- 3 Bananas frozen/defrosted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter active
- ½ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Defrost 3 frozen bananas, remove skin and put bananas into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, sourdough starter, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, sugar and baking soda. Add dry mix to wet mix and mix well. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, cover and rest for 3 hours, then remove cover.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake banana bread for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before slicing. Wrap in aluminum foil when done.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA’S WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH