Today were going to learn how-to-make sourdough buns. These buns are great for burgers or sandwiches, and if you’re a hot dog lover you can easily reshape these into some incredible hot dog buns too! What can’t you put on these tasty little buns?
Eat em’ straight up or give em’ a little toast in the oven, it’s really up to you, but one things for sure, ya gotta try these buns. Super simple ingredients that deliver some fantastic sourdough buns. 18 buns as a matter of fact. Sourdough starter, milk, water, honey, flour, butter and salt. Let’s get baked.
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
How-to-make Sourdough Buns
- ROLLING PIN
- BAKING PANS
- 3.5' ROUND CUTTER
- 5 cups Flour (650g)
- 2½ cups Sourdough Starter (active) (450g)
- 1¼ cup Milk (300g)
- ¾ cup Water (175g)
- ½ cup Butter (100g)
- ¼ cup Honey (75g)
- 1½ tsp Salt (10g)
- Melt butter, add to large mixing bowl. Add honey, mix. Add milk and water, mix. Add starter, mix. Add flour and salt, mix for 2 minutes. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Stretch and fold the dough every 30 minutes for a total of 4 times. Covering dough after stretch and folds.Stretch & Fold: grab one side of the dough, while in the bowl, lift and fold over. Quarter turn the bowl and repeat this four times for each stretch and fold.
- Preheat oven to 420° F.
- Roll out dough 1" thick on floured surface. Cut out 18 buns. Place buns on parchment paper lined baking trays. Bake for 30 minutes @ 420° F. Remove from oven and let rest until cool.
- Put into container, paper bag, or freezer bag, ensuring to vent if the bags get moist.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA’S WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH