Today were going to learn how-to-make sourdough buns. These buns are great for burgers or sandwiches, and if you’re a hot dog lover you can easily reshape these into some incredible hot dog buns too! What can’t you put on these tasty little buns?
Eat em’ straight up or give em’ a little toast in the oven, it’s really up to you. But one things for sure, ya gotta try these sourdough buns. Super simple ingredients that deliver some fantastic buns. 18 buns as a matter of fact. Sourdough starter, milk, water, honey, flour, butter and salt. Let’s get baked.
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
- BAKING PANS
- ROLLING PIN
- 3.5-inch ROUND CUTTER
- 5 cups Flour (650g)
- 2½ cups Sourdough Starter (active) (450g)
- 1¼ cup Milk (300g)
- ¾ cup Water (175g)
- ½ cup Butter (100g)
- ¼ cup Honey (75g)
- 1½ tsp Salt (10g)
- Melt butter, add to large mixing bowl. Add honey, mix. Add milk and water, mix. Add starter, mix. Add flour and salt, mix for 2 minutes. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Stretch and fold the dough every 30 minutes for a total of 4 times. Covering dough after stretch and folds.Stretch & Fold: grab one side of the dough, while in the bowl, lift and fold over. Quarter turn the bowl and repeat this four times for each stretch and fold.
- Preheat oven to 420° F.
- Roll out dough ¾" thick on floured surface. Cut out 18 buns. Place buns on parchment paper lined baking trays. Bake for 30 minutes @ 420° F. Remove from oven and let rest until cool.
- Put into container, paper bag, or freezer bag, ensuring to vent if the bags get moist.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”