WELCOME TO DIY SOURDOUGH
How-To-Make Sourdough Sandwich Bread
Today were going to learn how-to-make sourdough sandwich bread. This bread is a classic sandwich bread. It’s like the kind your grandma would make, and if your grandma didn’t bake, that’s okay, because this recipe will solve all your sandwich bread needs.
Super simple ingredients that deliver a fantastic loaf of bread. 2 loaves actually! Sourdough starter, milk, water, honey, flour, butter and salt.
Perfect for a Sunday bake while you kick back and let the magic of the sourdough starter do its job. Because someones gotta work around here and it sure aint’ gonna be us, not today. This bread recipe gives you a break from the exhaustion of kneading for minutes on end, replacing the kneading with some very easy stretch and folds. The only thing you’ll be kneading… is a nap.
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- Bread pans
SOURDOUGH SANDWICH BREAD
- 2½ cups Sourdough Starter (active) (450g)
- 4½ cups Flour (650g)
- 1¼ cup Water (300g)
- ¾ cup Milk (175g)
- ⅓ cup Butter (melted) (75g)
- 2 tbsp Honey (50g)
- 1½ tsp Salt (10g)
- In a large bowl add butter and honey, mix. Add milk and water, mix. Add starter, mix. Add flour and salt, mix well, 2 minutes, until blended smoothly. Cover and let rest for 1 hour (aka the "autolyse").
- Stretch and fold the dough every 30 minutes for a total of 4 times. Covering dough after stretch and folds.WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW-TO-DO A STRETCH AND FOLD Stretch & Fold: grab one side of the dough, while in the bowl, lift and fold over. Quarter turn the bowl and repeat this four times for each stretch and fold.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface. Separate into 2 equal parts and place into greased bread pans. Cover and let rest 3 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 1 hour before baking.
- Bake bread in oven for 1 hour @400 degrees F.
- Remove bread from oven. Remove bread from bread pans and let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Slice and put into container, paper bag, or freezer bag, ensuring to vent if the bags get moist.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA’S WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH