Today were going to learn how-to-make sourdough sandwich bread. This bread is a classic sandwich bread. It’s like the kind your grandma would make, and if your grandma didn’t bake, that’s okay, because this recipe will solve all your sandwich bread needs. Super simple ingredients that deliver a fantastic loaf of sourdough sandwich bread. 2 loaves actually! Sourdough starter, milk, water, honey, flour, butter and salt.
Perfect for a Sunday bake while you kick back and let the magic of the sourdough starter do its job. Because someones gotta work around here and it sure aint’ gonna be us, not today. This bread recipe gives you a break from the exhaustion of kneading for minutes on end, replacing the kneading with some very easy stretch and folds. The only thing you’ll be kneading… is a nap.
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- Bread pans
SOURDOUGH SANDWICH BREAD
- 2½ cups Sourdough Starter (active) (450g)
- 4½ cups Flour (650g)
- 1¼ cup Water (300g)
- ¾ cup Milk (175g)
- ⅓ cup Butter (melted) (75g)
- 2 tbsp Honey (50g)
- 1½ tsp Salt (10g)
- In a large bowl add melted butter and honey, mix. Add milk and water, mix. Add starter, mix. Add flour and salt, mix well, 2 minutes, until blended smoothly. Cover and let rest for 1 hour (aka the "autolyse").
- Pour dough onto a floured surface. Separate into 2 equal parts and place into greased bread pans. Cover and let rest 3 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 1 hour before baking.
- Bake bread in oven for 1 hour @400 degrees F.
- Remove bread from oven. Remove bread from bread pans and let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Slice and put into container, paper bag, or freezer bag, ensuring to vent if the bags get moist.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”