Welcome to DIY Sourdough
How-to-make Wild Pizza Dough
Super simple and super awesome. This how-to-make wild pizza dough recipe is not only a healthier option but some may say it’s a tastier option too. The wild dough is strong enough to hold up with extra toppings but light and fluffy on the inside and crispy but not too crunchy on the outside.
Once you have a sourdough starter on hand, this dough couldn’t be easier. Grab a mixing bowl and a large spoon, add 2 cups of sourdough starter, add salt, and slowly add a cup of flour a little bit at a time until the dough takes shape but is still a little sticky but workable. Knead for 30 seconds, put into lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel for an hour. Perfect dough in an hour.
You can make it on a fly and have delicious restaurant style pizza at home and the best part is you can throw anything that you have in the fridge on to it and in most cases, you’re good to go, and you look good doing it!
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
HOW-TO-MAKE "WILD PIZZA DOUGH"
- PIZZA STEEL
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR (adding 1/3 at a time)
- 1 tsp SALT
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl. (*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees for 1 hour with pizza steel inside the oven.
- On a floured surface roll out dough, then slide a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings, pat down toppings, then bake on the preheated pizza steel for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH