PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN
A pumpkin cream sauce sounds a bit strange but the flavour is something special. Hints of cinnamon and nutmeg to make it festive. But rich creaminess to make it delicious. And a slight kick from the chile powder.
Roasted pumpkin and roasted garlic, what’s not to like. This pumpkin cream sauce would be great with pasta or especially awesome on a pizza. But of coarse we think everything is awesome on pizza!
Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- 1 cup Pumpkin flesh (cooked and mashed)
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 head Garlic (roasted)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the top of the garlic off, add oil and salt. Salt the flesh side of one pumpkin quarter. Roast garlic and pumpkin quarter, uncovered, with the skin side up for 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove pumpkin and garlic from the oven and let cool for 1 hour.
- Remove skin from pumpkin and squeeze out the garlic, and chop.
- In large pot, melt butter on medium heat, add pumpkin and mash until smooth. Add garlic, cream, paprika, chile powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, reduce heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until desired thickness.
Thanks for joining Papa Za’s Kitchen. Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza. Subscribe to see what’s up next!
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”