PAPA ZA’S KITCHEN
Extremely bold and beautiful flavours, this red braised pork belly will blow your mind. Sticky and crispy little pork belly cubes cooked until perfection. Chinese five spice brings all the boys to the yard and how could it not? With more than enough flavour to share its just what this recipe needed.
Braised then pan-fried, getting the best of both worlds. Tender but firm and addictive for sure, these hit the spot, so why not try it out. Grab your favourite wok or large frying pan and enjoy the satisfying taste of the cube.
Red Braised Pork Belly
- WOK (or large frying pan)
- 1 lb Pork Belly
- 4 Green onions
- 2 tbsp Ginger fresh
- 1 Serrano chili
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Chinese five spice
- Cooking oil
- Peel and slice ginger, chop green onions, slice serrano chili lengthwise, and cut pork belly into 1 inch cubes.
- In large wok, fill half way with water and bring to a boil. Add ginger, onions, serrano chili and pork belly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pork belly from wok, discard water, ginger, onion and chili.
- Heat wok to med-high heat and add oil. Add pork belly and cook until golden brown, then remove pork belly from wok.
- Add brown sugar to wok and melt slightly (careful not to burn sugar). Add hot water and mix well. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Chinese five spice, and ground ginger. Add pork belly and stir well to coat the pork belly in the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove pork belly when done.
Thanks for joining Papa Za’s Kitchen. Make this dish on its own or put it on a pizza. Subscribe to see what’s up next!
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”