Sourdough Alfredo Breadsticks Recipe
When regular breadsticks just wont cut it, this Sourdough Alfredo Breadsticks recipe will shake things up. With a comforting homemade alfredo sauce these sticks will be a soon go to for any breadstick lover. Is there such a thing as a breadstick connoisseur? If there is they’ll want to learn this recipe fast.
Fresh parsley makes a delightful impact with such a rich and delicious sauce. And mozzarella cheese goes great with all of the creamy parmesan from the alfredo. Whatever these sticks can do, they’ll do it for you!!
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Sourdough Alfredo Breadsticks
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 clove Garlic
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Parsley fresh
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl. (*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 550° F. for 1 hour as well.
- Grate mozzarella. Chop garlic and parsley.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan on low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, whisk often. Add garlic and parmesan cheese and mix well. Turn off heat and add parsley, whisk until smooth. Set aside 1 cup.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into an 8 inch x 12 inch rectangle and carefully lift onto a parchment lined baking pan. Spread alfredo sauce over dough, add mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, rest 5 min.
- Slice into eighths and enjoy!
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! THANKS FOR JOINING DIY SOURDOUGH