A delicious and comforting sourdough cornbread recipe that’s pretty quick and easy to whip up. We baked ours in cast iron but a baking pan will work well too. Just make sure you grease it really well with lots of butter and you’ll be good to go.
This classic hits the spot and goes great with any BBQ food you can think of. And hands down our favorite combo is pork back ribs and sourdough cornbread. Not sure what’s better with this cornbread, butter or BBQ sauce? But hey why not use both!
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
- CAST IRON PAN
- 1 cup Sourdough starter (active)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- Preheat over to 350℉
- Make batter by adding starter, milk, cornmeal, flour and sugar to large bowl and mix well
- Cover and Let sit 1 hour
- In small bowl whisk egg, melted butter and salt, and add to batter. Add baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Add batter to greased 10" cast iron (or baking) pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and remove from oven
- Check to see if it's done by inserting a toothpick to the center of the cornbread and ensuring it comes out clean
- Let cool slightly and slice it up!
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”