Get your foc on with this sourdough focaccia bread recipe, and the best part is there is no kneading. Well I lied, that’s not the best part, the best part is eating this delicious airy delight. Fluffy with a bit of chew, this is the focaccia for you. Whoa sorry that was cheesy, unlike this herb focaccia bread, maybe a cheese focaccia will be next? Darn, now I want cheese.
Ok, back on track. Despite the lack of cheese, this focaccia bread hits the spot, and of course we need the oil and balsamic dip. Magic happens when olive oil and balsamic vinegar join the party, definitely the guest of honour but the star is and always will be this delicious sourdough focaccia.
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Sourdough Focaccia Bread
SOURDOUGH FOCACCIA BREAD
- 1 cup Sourdough starter active (225g)
- 2 cups Water (450g)
- 3 cups Bread flour (500g)
- 1½ tsp Salt (10g)
HERB OLIVE OIL
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (25g)
- 1 tsp Thyme (6g)
- ½ tsp Salt (3g)
- In a large bowl add water, starter, flour, and salt. Mix 2 minutes, until blended smoothly. Cover and let rest for 1 hour (aka the "autolyse").
- Stretch and fold the dough every 30 minutes for a total of 4 times. Covering dough after stretch and folds.WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW-TO-DO A STRETCH AND FOLD Stretch & Fold: grab one side of the dough, while in the bowl, lift and fold over. Quarter turn the bowl and repeat this four times for each stretch and fold.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface. Fold into a rectangle, flour as needed, and put into a parchment paper lined (13" x 9") baking pan. Cover and rest 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Press all fingers into focaccia mix to make little dimples, stretching the dough to fill the pan. Brush with herb olive oil.
- Bake @ 420°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes, carefully remove from pan and slice on cutting board. Serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”