We know a lot of people think pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza, but these are sourdough Hawaiian breadsticks! You may be thinking “Hey, Papa Za, I ain’t no dummy, these are basically the same as pizza”. But are they?… Yes, yes they are. Having said that they are incredible, whether you’re a fan of pineapple on pizza, or breadsticks you might still wanna give this a try, who knows you might actually like it.
Lots of tomato sauce, double ham, heaps of mozzarella cheese and of course, the elephant in the room, pineapple. The trick to Hawaiian breadsticks (and pizza) is that you need to dice some of the ham up and sprinkle it on top so it can get all crispy, amazing and worth overcoming your fear of pineapple.
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Sourdough Hawaiian Breadsticks
- ROLLING PIN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- 2 cups Sourdough starter (active)
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ¾ cup Sliced ham
- ¾ cup Diced ham
- ½ cup Pineapple tidbits
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl. (*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more flour if needed, or a touch of water if it gets too dry.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 550° F. for 1 hour as well.
- Grate mozzarella. Dice ham.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into an 8 inch x 12 inch rectangle and carefully lift onto a parchment lined baking pan.
- Add tomato sauce, then sliced ham, mozzarella cheese, diced ham, then pineapple.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, rest 5 min.
- Slice into eighths and enjoy!
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”