We had to try it despite the haters, and were glad we did, because a sourdough Hawaiian calzone is fantastic. What’s better than a slice of pizza? Two slices of pizza folded together and scarfed down like it’s just one, nobody needs to know, this is just for you. Share it if you will but a calzone seems best fit for one.
All the familiar Hawaiian pizza taste wrapped up in a delicious sourdough pizza dough, as you may or may not know, is our personal favourite type of dough, asides from money. Making this sourdough Hawaiian calzone more spill proof than ever. Just watch out for ooey gooey mozzarella cheese, comforting marinara sauce, tender ham slices, and of course the freshness of the pineapple tidbit, what a winner!
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Sourdough Hawaiian Calzone
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup Sourdough starter (active)
- ½ cup Bread flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Deli ham (chopped)
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough ¼" thick. Flour lightly as needed.
- Add dough to parchment paper lined baking pan. Add tomato sauce to half the side of the dough, then add half the mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple, then the other half of the mozza.
- Pull dough over the toppings and make sure to seal very well by rolling the dough over to make a nice sealed fold.
- Cut slice in the top of the calzone and brush entire calzone with melted butter.
- Bake calzone in the oven at 475° F. for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove calzone from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”