What’s a pizza rose you ask? Well, it’s the beauty of rose with the awesomeness of a pizza roll. With these sourdough pepperoni pizza rolls, the pepperoni swirls around on the inside of this delicious pizza roll looking just like a blossoming rose. When you put as much pepperoni into a pizza roll as we do, magic happens. Beautiful magic.
Super simple ingredients that deliver some spectacular pepperoni pizza rolls. Sourdough starter, bread flour and salt for the dough (our classic wild pizza dough recipe) with 2 cups of pepperoni, 2 cups of mozza and 1 cup of tomato sauce. Pizza rose anyone?
MAKE YOUR OWN SOURDOUGH STARTER
If you want to know how to make a sourdough starter or feed a sourdough starter, this is a great place to start, most importantly have fun with the starter because the possibilities are nearly endless.
Once you have your sourdough starter made you will need to feed it to keep it alive, but don’t worry its easier than it sounds, check out the video below to learn how-to feed your sourdough starter.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- BAKING SHEET
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Pepperoni sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- Mix the sourdough starter, bread flour* and salt together in a large bowl.(*adding 1/3 cup of flour at a time until it takes shape, but is still a little sticky, add more/less flour if needed.)
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. Preheat over to 420° F. for 1 hour, as well.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into a rectangular shape. Add sauce, cheese and pepperoni, then carefully roll the dough up lengthwise. Slice into 12 pieces. Place into oiled muffin tray.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SOURDOUGH RECIPES WILL WE COME UP WITH? STICK AROUND TO FIND OUT! AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ALL THE WEIRD WILD PIZZAS WE MAKE WITH THIS AMAZING WILD DOUGH!
OR CHECK OUT SOME CHEESY PIZZA MERCH AT THE WEIRD WILD PIZZA SHOP. THANKS FOR WATCHIN’ AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”