WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Babybel Pizza Recipe
Babybel bonanza! This pizza challenge was a doozy but our Babybel Pizza recipe actually worked out. Warm Babybels eh? As familiar as they seem we usually eat em’ cold right out the fridge, maybe with a pickle. But you know us, we can’t help ourselves. We just gotta shake things up!
Question for you, can you tell us what cheese Babybel is without googling it? If you’re like us we googled it, and it’s….Edam?! What?! Who put that on our pizza, oh wait, that was us. And we would do it again. Just try and stop us, or cave in and try it yourself, warm little Babybels, yum!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Babybels | Tomato Sauce
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 28 Babybels
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Peel wax off of 28 Babybels. Add tomato sauce to pizza, then add Babybels, and pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Will you become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |