Wake up and smell the coffee with this bacon and egg pizza. And hopefully you woke up on the bright side of the bed to match this sunny side up egg, cooked to perfection. Nothing satisfies a hangry morning craving like bacon and eggs. Grab yourself a coffee with one hand and a slice of this bacon and egg breakfast pizza with the other for an on-the-go serious quality breakfast.
No busy morning could be conquered any better, and don’t forget, you deserve it! And the best part is when you give yourself the breakfast you need, not only will your peers like you better, but you’ll want to kick the days ass! Get the morning started right with this Bacon and Egg pizza recipe.
Bacon | Egg | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Bacon and Egg Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- 8 strips Bacon
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza). Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Grate mozzarella. Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin (make sure to keep the yolk intact for a sunny side up egg).
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven. After the pizza has been placed into the oven, carefully add the egg on top (it will roll, and the oven is hot, be careful).
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us at Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #28
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”