We’ve all had those nights where we eat too much, just a little more than we should have. Well with this bacon poutine pizza recipe, this will be one of those nights, for sure. A classic poutine thrown right on top of a pizza, with the lovely addition of bacon.
Poutine gravy is delightful, this one is made with a beef and chicken gravy. Matched with giant cheese curds melted over crispy fries, with mozzarella cheese tying it all together. Plus, there’s bacon, we must never forget the bacon. Enjoy this bacon poutine pizza with friends or keep it all to yourself.
Bacon | Fries | Gravy | Cheese Curds | Mozzarella Cheese
Bacon Poutine Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Fries instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Bacon instructions below*
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese curds
- 1½ cup Poutine gravy instructions below*
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Beef broth
- ½ cup Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420°F for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza)
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, rinse and slice potatoes into medium cut fries. Soak potatoes in a large bowl with cold water for 30 minutes, then strain, rinse and dry.
- Place potatoes onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Add oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Bake for 1 hour @ 400°F turning the fries once, halfway through. Remove from oven and reserve 2 cups of fries.
- On medium heat melt butter in large saucepan, careful not to burn. Add flour and whisk furiously for 30 seconds, still being careful not to burn. Add beef, chicken broth and pepper and whisk until smooth, cook until desired consistency. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and reserve 2 x ¾ cup of gravy.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour. (Since the oven is preheated from cooking the fries, just preheat until oven is 550°F)
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 x ¾ cup gravy, then mozzarella cheese, then fries, bacon and cheese curds. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1 x ¾ cup gravy. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #61
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”