This Korean BBQ beef kimchi pizza might be the most unusual one so far, it starts with a Korean BBQ sauce as the base, and is topped with mozzarella cheese. Kimchi brings a little bit of heat and fermented goodness to the party. And the thinly sliced Korean BBQ beef delivers layers of flavor from the grill and from the Korean marinade. Add the green onions after cooking the pizza and you will get a nice fresh pop.
Marinated Korean beef only takes 2-3 minutes per side to BBQ, which is great for fast and flavorful grilling. Why kimchi you ask? We don’t know either. Kimchi is certainly a weird pizza topping. But it had to be done, and if you like kimchi and cheese you will love this pizza. Use the marinade from the Korean beef to make a tasty sauce for the pizza. As a result, you get levels of flavor from the Korean marinade sauce and from the BBQ beef.
KOREAN BBQ BEEF | KIMCHI | KOREAN BBQ SAUCE
Korean BBQ Beef and Kimchi Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups KOREAN BBQ BEEF instructions below
- 1 cup KIMCHI
- 1 cup KOREAN BBQ SAUCE instructions below
- 2 cup MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1/4 cup GREEN ONIONS
KOREAN BBQ BEEF AND SAUCE
- 2 lbs BEEF SHORT RIBS
- 1 cup WATER
- 1/2 cup ONION diced
- 1/2 cup SOY SAUCE
- 1/3 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 2 tbsp RICE VINEGAR
- 2 tbsp GARLIC minced
- 1 tbsp GINGER minced
- 1 tbsp SESAME OIL
- 1 tbsp PEPPER ground
- 1 tbsp CORNSTARCH
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
KOREAN BBQ BEEF AND SAUCE
- In a large bowl mix together water, diced onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil and pepper.
- Add beef and marinate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef, strain marinade into a pot and bring to a boil on med-high heat.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and add to marinade, cook until it reaches the proper consistency, stirring continuously, and set aside.
- Preheat BBQ to med-high heat, grill beef 2-3 minutes each side.
- Chop beef and green onions.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds. Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Add sauce, cheese, beef and kimchi. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #6
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK