WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Beef Donair Pizza Recipe
How much do you wanna bet this Beef Donair Pizza recipe is going to be more famous than our boy Robert De Niro. Well maybe not more famous, but definitely as famous. Because this beef baby is gonna be a star!
Thin slices of beef donair packed full of savory flavors seared from being baked in the piping hot oven. And some freshness is added with chopped tomatoes and onions. But that donair sauce! Oh that donair sauce, Holy cow how that stuff is good. A little sweet with the meat and were having a good time.
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Donair Sauce | Beef Donair | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomatoes | Onions
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
- BAKING STEEL
- METAL BOWL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Beef Donair instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Donair sauce instructions below*
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- ½ cup Onions
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- ¼ cup White sugar
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough) *since you will be preheating the oven for the beef donair just up the heat to 550°F after the beef donair is done.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large metal mixing bowl mix ground beef, oregano, flour, salt, thyme, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and cayenne pepper well.
- Pick up the meat and throw it back into the bowl to blend it. Do this 20 times, kneading the meat once after each throw. Throw-Knead-Repeat.
- Form a loaf and place it onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake @350°F for 1 hour. Let the meat cool before slicing.
- Whisk evaporated milk, sugar, garlic powder in medium bowl. Slowly add vinegar, whisking until desired consistency. Reserve 1 cup.
- Grate mozzarella. Chop tomato and onions.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, 1 ½ cups mozzarella, beef donair, another ½ cup mozzarella, then tomatoes and onions. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550°F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |